This year, Althea has put together a few tips to look great for the winter and holiday season – from defying fashion trends to incorporating 50’s vintage style and revamping what you already own.
Althea is a fashion designer and entrepreneur who manages her own fashion line, ALTHEA HARPER. With a cutting edge style that combines both tailoring and draping to make silhouettes appear strong and beautiful, Althea Harper is one of the breakthrough fashion designers in today’s industry. Althea’s designs have won the attention of many people, including passionate Project Runway fans and the entertainment industry’s most respected personalities. The Kardashians are all regularly featured in ALTHEA HARPER as well as Angela Simmons. Heidi Klum, Eva Longoria, and Kerry Washington have also expressed a strong interest in her designs.
· Forget ancient fashion rules. It’s okay to wear white in the winter. In fact, this season head-to- toe white is on trend. However, if you are planning to take on this daring style advice, make sure that your white clothing is clean with no spots and wrinkle-free. I like to use the Pro Iron Steam Station from Rowenta, because it has the steam capabilities for a delicate white silk gown and precision ironing for pleated trousers. If you don’t feel 100% comfortable in all white, opt for a champagne color.
· Mixing textures is a winter alternative to the summer/fall mixing of patterns. A beautiful and classic mix is leather and lace, but you can get a little more creative and mix feathers and knits! Or jacquard and tweed!
· The 50’s have made its way back into fashion and the most flattering silhouette is the nipped in waist with the large circle skirt. A way to make this look work for a holiday party without purchasing a new dress is to pair a full skirt with a bold colored silk top. Add some gold chunky bracelets to keep the look modern and fun.
· Peplum is still popular this season. You can find it on skirts, tops, dresses and even high-waist pants. It gives a dramatic flare to a regular LBD (little black dress). You can give a holiday look a little extra flare by finding a brocade peplum dress. The fabric not only gives the dress a very luxurious look but the medium weight fabric allows for a voluminous, beautiful peplum. Upkeep of this fabric is surprisingly easy with a Rowenta Steamforce iron. It allows you to iron out any wrinkles and then flounce out the peplum with a strong burst of steam.
· In a rush and want to look fashionable for holiday party? A good ‘go-to’ item is an oversized blouse or tunic paired with comfortable black leggings and a pair of black pumps. In fact, sophisticated sportswear, such as great leggings and turtlenecks, can stand-alone or be worn as layering pieces.
· Don’t limit yourself to grays and blacks during the winter months. Bold colors are a trend this season, which can add a pop of color. If you are not ready to give up your winter neutrals, opt for brightly colored accessories.